Sunday, January 25, 2015

Wine Tasting: MSH Cellars 2013 Sauvignon Blanc

MSH Cellars 2013 Sauvignon Blanc is a pleasant, light-bodied white wine with a straw coloration and slightly tangy flavor that features hints of pear. 

Initially, this wine presented to me as a decent accompaniment for appropriate food items but to not have enough character to stand on it own, and I adequately enjoyed my first glass of it with my dinner. While I do not generally recommend allowing white wines to breath, however, I ended up leaving this one uncorked after opening it and was quite pleased with how much flavor had emerged by the time I had a second glass. (We probably also did not properly chill this wine to start with and our subsequent glasses of it were notably cooler, and perhaps this helped to achieve its optimum taste). 

"Napa farmers have joined together to provide wine lovers a great value from Napa Valley," the label states, indicating this wine is the product of a regional collaboration and implying that it might be a blend. "Grapes are reserved from the same vineyards that supply many of Napa Valley's most respected wineries." 

MSH Cellars does not provide any pairing guidance or much background about its wines on their bottles and, if they have a website, it is remarkably difficult to find. I can say, however, that its 2013 Sauvignon Blanc was an ideal accompaniment to the broiled salmon, garlicky rice with pine nuts, and broccoli that we enjoyed it with. 

1 comment:

The Desert Wine Guy said...

Hey there Michael;
I wanted to give you some information I learned while I was reviewing this wine and vintage. Here (https://desertwineguy.blogspot.com/2015/05/msh-cellars-exceptional-2013-sauvignon.html) is my review of the wine which goes really deep into it and its producer. By the way, I am not sponsored nor do I get paid by anyone to review anything so what I write is my true feelings about a particular wine or wine sublect. Please do get back with me and let's talk about wine, I think that would be cool.

Thanks, Marc - The Desert Wine Guy